Applications are now open for 2018
The ANZHPBA are pleased to offer ONE or TWO annual Research Scholarships to the value of $10,000 each or $20,000 for one.
These are intended to provide support for ANZHPBA members who wish to pursue HPB basic or clinical research in either a part-time or full-time basis. The scholarships are open to all financial members of the ANZHPBA at the time of applying.
The scholarship(s) will be awarded only to applicants whose research is to be conducted in Australia or New Zealand.
Application Criteria for the ANZHPBA Scholarship:
- Applicants must be a member of the ANZHPBA
- Applicants must submit a brief research proposal including a statement of intent, a brief outline of the project, the resources required, a timeframe for completion of the project and a commitment to prepare and submit a manuscript for publication
- Applicants are eligible to receive one Scholarship Grant annually only. However, applicants are able to apply again the following year for a maximum of two Scholarship Grants in total
- The scholarships funds may be used for any purpose as outlined in the application but must be in relation to the proposed research to be undertaken (e.g. part salary, consumables, travel to National or International meetings, etc.)
- Applicants must provide written support from the Head of the Department in which the research is to be carried out
- Applicants must agree to submit a brief progress report prior to receipt of the scholarship funds which will be allocated in quarterly instalments.
- Applicants must agree to submit a report at completion of the research project and/or provide the ANZHPBA Executive Committee with details of any published manuscript or thesis completion from the research work.
All applications will be assessed and ranked by the ANZHPBA Scholarship committee (consisting of four members of the ANZHPBA Executive committee) according to strict marking criteria (Originality, feasibility, methodology etc.)
Applications must be received by midnight Sunday 3rd December 2017 (no extensions allowed)